Senior web developer, specializing in data and high load, over a decade in web development, python & database expert, team leader & project manager, great communicator & problem solver
TrueRoll is a tool that uses data science and artificial intelligence to help governments accurately collect tax data and uncover exemptions. This process benefits local governments, elected officials, and citizens by saving time and money, generating new revenue, and potentially identifying previously unknown tax benefits.
I work on:
· Onboarding customers and data vendors
· Integrations with third party enterprise systems
· DevOps and information security
· Developing new API for the application
Python · AWS · PostgreSQL · GovTech · Web Development
Market Making as a Service. LQFI provides unified digital asset trading infrastructure, enabling high velocity, efficient, and secure trading. Crypto liquidity provider on centralized and decentalized exchanges.
Being one of the core engineers in the algo-trading team
· I developed algo trading strategies for Binance / Kraken / Huobi / FTX
· Integrated cold wallets with the platform via Web3
· Extended internal framework, added multiple API integrations
React · Rust · EC2 · Blockchain · Solidity · API Integrations · AWS · Node.js · Web3 · MongoDB · Fintech · Typescript · Web Development
The World's #1 provider of short-term rental compliance monitoring end enforcement solution for local governments. Host Compliance makes it easy for municipalities to implement and enforce fair and effective short-term rental rules. SAAS for the US government to control short-term rentals, compliance, reports and tax collection. Integrations with third party services, web scraping, data processing, payments, auth, public APIs. Granicus acquired HostCompliance in 2020, I continued my role as a software engineer.
· I developed a platform API for short-term rental platforms to comply with the city of Los Angeles laws. This had a significant effect on cleaning fraudulent/unregistered listings from Airbnb and other platforms in LA.
· Created an API for user file uploads with a focus on security and. FedRAMP guidelines. This feature allowed encryption, very granular access control, and tight security policies to be implemented.
· Developed part of the platform allowing property management companies to renew their rental permits, report and pay taxes in bulk rather than individually.
· Built a basement for GraphQL back end for a new dashboard, which was highly modular and flexible and used a schema-first approach. This allowed the back-end team to extend the features quickly and kept the front-end team less dependent on back-end releases.
Stripe · AWS · Microservices · Jira · Flask · Pandas · GitHub · Access · Data Engineer · AWS Lambda · Data Analysis · Git · Numpy · Web Services · Docker · SQLalchemy · PostgreSQL · Serverless · EC2 · Data Modeling · Security · ElasticSearch · Redis · Crawlers · PostGIS · GraphQL · SQL · Python · Data Engineering · LESS · SaaS
Platform & dashboard for industrial plants to control and optimize their energy consumption. Multi-level access, email & phone notifications, automated report generation, machine learning prediction & segmentation, direct plant-to-cloud data streaming integration. Focus on scalability, availability & cost-efficiency.
· Consulted client regarding algorithms, performance issues, tech stack, and solution architecture. Researched when required. Played a leading role in building a long-term strategy, solution architecture designing, planning sprints, grooming the task backlog, and preparing the tickets.
· Managed project and agile development team. Lots of code reviews done. Mentored and onboarded new developers. Tracked team's KPIs and goals.
· Handled all dev ops work and configured the cloud infrastructure from scratch.
PagerDuty · IoT · AWS · Flask · CI/CD · Pandas · Agile · Cloud · API Integrations · NoSQL · Data Analysis · Git · Numpy · Web Services · Solution Architecture · Data Modeling · GitLab · Machine Learning · Celery · Code Reviews · Node.js · Vue.js · MongoDB · Python · Data Engineering · UI Development
Managed a team of senior developers working on various projects, such
as energy consumption monitoring technology, money remittance
platform based on crypto, advertisement campaigns auto-optimization,
mobile ads exchange, etc.
· Built an algorithm for the auto-optimization of internet advertising campaigns, which maximizes their performance by finding and blocking traffic sources and platforms that do not convert well enough.
· Architected and implemented ETL for a mobile advertising affiliate network. I used proprietary technologies for predicting the likelihood of conversion based on device data.
· Developed a bot detection feature that redirected bots from website content to other destinations—protecting content from crawling.
· Implemented email marketing automation and CRM integration, using SparkPost API and Zoho CRM.
· Consulted clients in the tech area, architected solutions, and managed an agile dev team. Participated in a lot of planning, communication, brainstorming, and architecting. Tracked team's KPIs and managed the goals.
· Played multiple roles - team lead, lead developer, scrum master, project manager, code reviewer, QA, mentor
Worked on automating all manual processes. Completely based on
serverless approach, fully controlled via Slack bot.
Integrated with various APIs: Mailgun, Slack, Google Spreadsheets,
AWS & DevOps Consulting Services. I worked on internal projects for automating weekly reports generation: from gathering data from multiple sources and picking up notes from the relevant team members to data analysis & visualization and actual delivery via email & web.
PagerDuty · Serverless · AWS · Data Engineer · Pandas · AWS Lambda · NoSQL · DevOps · Data Analysis · ElasticSearch · Python · DynamoDB · Docker
Worked as core engineer in personal website construction service, helped it evolve into a remote job platform and professional social network with 2M users online. Besides other tasks I solely worked on
machine learning algorithm for smart job matching.
Integrated branded.me with outsource.com. Joined databases, doubled user base, added job matching and other services. Work time tracker app.
· Developed social networking features (follows, likes, and feeds) to be almost linearly scalable.
· Spotted and successfully coped with several bottlenecks in the back-end API code and infrastructure; made huge speed and robustness improvements.
· Wrote an algorithm to match users together based on contact lists users upload (a social networking feature).
· Performed email service integration, including dealing with bounces, unsubscribes, campaigns, and conversion funnel (marketing-specific experience).
· Integrated the billing, which includes work with user's accounts, transactions, adjustments, and recurrent payment plans (experience with user's money).
· Applied machine learning (NLP, clustering, neural networks, classification) to match users with open job positions based on their profile and job description. Also developed an algorithm to predict the required skills for a job based on its description.
Back-End Development · Qt · AWS · Microservices · Flask · Heroku · Data Engineer · NoSQL · Data Analysis · Git · Web Services · Docker · EC2 · Data Modeling · ElasticSearch · Machine Learning · Celery · C++ · Redis · MongoDB · Python · Data Engineering
Core developer, worked on a high load distributed service serving
millions mobile ads per second.
· I developed a high load distributed service hosted on Amazon AWS (EC2, S3), based on Django, using Python, Redis, MySQL, HP Vertica, Twisted, Celery, gevent and a little bit Lua on top of Nginx for lower level networking.
Fixed a system to scale linearly by profiling and eliminating critical bottlenecks, and dramatically reducing IO usage on each cluster node.
Implemented a global lock feature on top of a Redis DB. Whenever it should be guaranteed that the shortcode section has exclusive access to some portion of data, it just acquires a lock, and other instances won't be able to reach it until release.
Dramatically reduced latency by adding memorization on top of a local process memory and 2-level caching (local and remote Redis).
Integrated with Google Ads, MobFox, and other RTB partners (real-time bidding).
Created a special filtering layer on the level of Nginx. Lua scripts apply all the filtering efficiently by dropping not-useful connections very early, even before it gets to the Python back end.
Lua · AWS · Django · Access · MySQL · NGINX · Git · Web Services · EC2 · Data Modeling · Celery · Node.js · Big Data · Redis · SQL · MongoDB · Python · Data Engineering · Amazon Redshift · SaaS
Business Services, Custom Software & IT Services. I was a developer team lead, developed web portal for cold call tracking & marketers training.
Fully managed development process.
Developed a platform for the salespeople where they could schedule meetings, record their progress, and where they can self-educate to sell better and increase their KPI.
Managed a team of developers, discussed features with the client, planned sprints, and then distributed tasks to developers, did showcases, and gathered feedback. Used Agile methodology.
Developed a data-set preparation layer for a cloud machine learning platform: the data was accepted in different formats, and it has to be unpacked, parsed, shuffled, normalized, split onto parts, and fed into the machine learning workers' queue.
Created a data set management system: a user can upload his data sets, review them, view some statistics, configure how to process them, download and remove them. It then passes it into the machine learning session OFC.
This small game is created for my kids to help them learn new English words. The game is developed using React and hosted on Cloudflare Pages.
React · Typescript
Push to Notion" is a tool that allows users to quickly and easily add items to their Notion to-do list from various sources, such as Siri, Alfred, Slack, and Telegram. The motivation for this project came from the need for a convenient way to add items to a Notion to-do list without having to open the Notion app and locate the appropriate page. This can be especially useful for users who are on-the-go or occupied with other tasks, as it helps to maintain momentum and context. The source code for "Push to Notion" is available on GitHub at https://github.com/muzhig/push-to-notion
Python · Microservices · OAuth · DynamoDB · AWS · AWS Lambda · Chatbot · API Integrations
The ID Scanner Telegram bot is a reliable, efficient tool for extracting information from ID cards and driver licenses (US only). By sending a photograph of the document to the bot, users can receive the parsed data in JSON form as a response.
This bot utilizes the capabilities of AWS Lambda and Amazon's computer vision API to accurately process and extract data from the image, without storing any information or images. As a stateless, serverless service, the ID Scanner Telegram bot offers a secure and private experience for users.
Try the ID Scanner Telegram bot to streamline the process of extracting data from physical documents.
Python · Microservices · OAuth · DynamoDB · AWS · AWS Lambda · Chatbot · API Integrations
The Webpage Screenshot Telegram bot allows users to easily capture full-height screenshots of web pages. Simply send a command to the bot with the desired URL, and receive a screenshot as a response.
This bot leverages Puppeteer and a containerized Chrome instance to generate high-quality screenshots, all powered by AWS Lambda. With the Webpage Screenshot Telegram bot, capturing and sharing website content has never been easier.
Try out the Webpage Screenshot Telegram bot today and simplify your web content capture needs.
Python · Docker · Puppeteer · AWS Lambda · Chatbot · API Integrations
Confused about which database to choose for your startup? Look no further! In this comprehensive guide, we compare the different types of databases and discuss their suitability for different use cases. From relational to non-relational to hybrid databases, we've got you covered. Plus, we'll help you weigh the pros and cons of managed vs self-hosted solutions. Don't let database selection stress you out – let us guide you towards the right choice for your startup's needs.
Dirty data is a common problem faced by businesses of all sizes, as it can lead to incorrect calculations, damage to reputation, and other negative consequences. In this article, we discuss how artificial intelligence (AI) can be used to address dirty data by automating tasks such as data format validation, correction, and gap filling. We also provide an example of using GPT-3, a natural language processing tool, to clean and standardize data. By leveraging the power of AI, businesses can improve the quality of their data and avoid the negative consequences of dirty data.
In this post, we will explore the key factors that contribute to successful remote team management. From choosing the right technology stack to utilizing collaboration and productivity tools, we will provide tips and recommendations for creating a productive and successful remote work environment. We will also discuss the importance of maintaining a healthy work-life balance, and provide resources and support for team members. By following these strategies and tools, you can effectively manage a distributed team of developers and accelerate your startup's growth.